Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pocket Watch

I keep a pocket watch that doesn't keep time.


I keep it because this small thing is a link to one of the greatest blessings of my life. My father was a teacher of doctors. He stood at a blackboard most days.

He also taught dissection, that awe-full and essential part of a doctor's training. He knew every bump and fissure and thread and tube of the human body and understood how it worked with as sure a knowledge as you know your own hand. He was approachable and funny. He was a memorable teacher.

 I keep the watch because of the inside:


No comments:

Post a Comment