Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Feel of Damp Air

After a week of dry, clear, cold weather I am all dried out. My hands are so dry they will hardly turn pages. The rain has returned, fortunately without an intervening spell of ice. I welcome the return of rain; I am rejoicing in the softness of the moist air. It feels warm after that cold spell, and caressing (though still a chilly caress!) My skin is already losing the dry scratchiness.

Many of my friends really do not like the grey days, but I feel like a plant stretching itself to collect the life-giving drops. It doesn't make me feel blue at all. Just think of friends and families in much of the country digging out from under heavy snow! A white Christmas has its charms, but for me, let it be grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment