Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Intimate Faces of the Garden

I like gardens with secret places, fairy houses, and unexpected inhabitants. Gardens should not only have gorgeous vistas, but should encourage one to look closely.

Tim loves to put miniature animals and buildings in his rock garden, like this prowling leopard. They encourage us to stop and really see. Then we notice the details and textures of the plants and the harmony amongst the parts. 

In our garden there are things heavenly and delightfully horrible.

Just as a path invites us to wander, our garden characters reward us for looking more closely.





No comments:

Post a Comment