Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ladders

After the annual Fall gutter-overflow event, I am thinking about what dandy things ladders are . We have three different sizes plus a handy step stool. They wait peacefully collecting dust and leaves, springing to action the moment I need to go UP. Even a smallish person like me can haul one to the site of need and put it in place.

Going up is one of my favorite larger blessings, tied to mountains, cliffs, treehouses, and flying.  I like the change of perspective from up above. From the ladder I can actually see what is clogging my gutter, yes, but what fun to look down at the garden, to see how things are connected, to be nearer the sky. Being up makes me feel tall, as if I could put on seven-league boots and go striding across the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment