Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Drinking from a Spring




When we were in Central Oregon last month we visited Fall River. This short, amazingly clear and tranquil river is best know to fly fishermen. Reflecting fall colors, it was a treat for the eyes and heart. Fall River emerges straight from the ground in large springs at its head. Fishermen know this river as a safe source of drinking water.


It has always seemed sad to me that the pristine-looking streams and lakes of the Cascades are often infested with giardia, not to be consumed without boiling or chemical disinfection. It was a real treat to be able to drink directly from the springs of Fall River.

No comments:

Post a Comment