Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Smell of Broth

Ah, the scent of turkey broth simmering - it is rich and meaty, promising deliciousness for the feast tomorrow.

Thanksgiving food is so laden with associations for most of us. We remember our childhood home and relatives coming from afar, congeniality and contentment. I am aware that many people also have memories of family strife and pain, or of loneliness, but blessedly my thoughts are free of that. It is the good memories that sustain those who are making the stressful trek to their destination. Once through the door, the familiar closes its embrace around them and the aroma of good cooking fills them.

The turkey is in brine, the broth simmering. Tim is making the cranberry relish. All is on schedule and the house smells wonderful. All is well. Best wishes for your feast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment