Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rex Begonia



 The Rex Begonia was given to us by friends many years ago. It grows happily under Tim's care, occasionally producing small pink flowers. Obviously the flowers are not the point of growing this plant. Its whorled and jagged leaves are patterned with deep red and silvery white. I think it more likely that angels would have wings like this rather than the tame white bird wings the artists like to portray. The leaves are extravagantly beautiful, but the ordinary appearance is only part of their glory. Below is a photo with sunlight passing through the leaves. It speaks for itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment