Well, I did it! I wrote every day from early October to New Year's Day 2010. Now I will write for fun when I feel like it and see where that gets me. Cheers to all my small-blessing-appreciating friends!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Reading Lamps




Once upon a time, I could read by the light of single photons, and sew tiny almost-invisible stitches. Even back in those days, it required eyeglasses because things in my world go out of focus about eight inches from my eyes. But the flow of time takes us along, sometimes gently floating, sometimes careening though rapids. Inevitably we show signs of wear as our journey lengthens. Now I require extra-strength reading glasses for my embroidery and light - good light. It is especially necessary here in Western Oregon in the winter when sunbeams are in short supply.

Some years ago, Tim gave me a marvelous reading lamp. It produces brilliant white light, rendering colors reasonably accurately (always an issue with artificial light). What a difference it made! No more squinting and neck strain.  So I bought Tim one for his music, because he and I are floating along together.


No comments:

Post a Comment